Saturday, January 12, 2008

Better Gas Mileage


I don't know if you had seen this, but I just saw found this car online and thought it was very cool. Check it out at www.aptera.com. It gets 300 mpg. Here is an interesting review about it. This seems exactly the direction things need to go. Its not so much about the power source, gasoline or electricity, since if you live in an area where your power comes from coal plants, a plug in car might be just as bad for the environment, but using way less power to get from point A to B, since most of the electricity just goes to moving the car, not the people in it. The whole concept of car needs to be rethought, and this seems to be the right direction. Now, if I just had $30,000 and the car had a few more seats, I think I'm sold. Here's another cool website about how to get better gas mileage out of your car. Here. I think we've all heard of the basics, although we may not practice use them all, all of the time, but these guys are pretty intense. Or just google "hypermiling." When people complain about only getting 55mpg in their Prius, they'd be getting even worse mileage in whatever they were driving.

No comments: