Sunday, April 6, 2008

Not much happening

Okay, so I missed posting last week, and can't think of anything to post this week. We had youth conference last week. This weekend we went to the Tokyo National Museum at Ueno park. The park was packed with people there to see the cherry blossoms, but the museum was not too crowded. The most surprising thing about the museum was the trash cans outside and the benches everywhere. It felt like they were making an extra effort for the foreign visitors. The stuff inside was cool too. My favorite was probably the early Chinese stuff bronzes, and the Thai bronze age drums. Did you know that Thailand had a bronze age culture that no one knows a lot about? The samurai armor and weapons were pretty cool too. Miriam liked the exquisite traditional doll set, with lots of tiny lacquered boxes, a minuscule tea set and writing box, furniture, picture books, etc, and the kimonos.
The architecture throughout was very nice. Dissertation is coming along, but I am so easily distracted. I am feeling pretty uninspired and its not like I can just put in hours and it will get done. I have to actually engage and think and process or its pretty meaningless. I kind of wish I had something else to do that was less taxing to balance it out, but I don't really. But since I do want it all to be over at some point I had better get a bit more motivated soon.

No comments: