Sunday, May 25, 2008

Date with G.


So, Miriam has been needing one on one time with her mom, so I spent Saturday with my favorite littlest daughter, G. Although she was crying and screaming when Bekah and M left, (this is the girl whose whole point in life is not to be left out) and I even had to hold her in so she didn't rush out after them. Eventually, she did, but they heard her coming and took the stairs. Anyway, we went to the other salvation army we hadn't been too. Not as much stuff, but lots of clothes, kimonos, furoshiki, etc. I couldn't really size the kimonos without a real person, so although I spent a bunch of time looking through them, I just bought a bunch of furoshiki and some scraps of cool printed fabric. And a international adapter set for a mac laptop. On the way home we stopped at the park, which is G's favorite thing to do. She was literally jumping for joy as she ran between the slide, which was about twenty feet high and shaped like a rocket, and the swings, and climbing structures. When we got home, she admitted she had had a fun time. Here's some picts of the furoshiki. (If anyone wants a kimono, let me know, we could find you something pretty cool for under $50. I am not sure what the measurements are, but I could figure it out.)

3 comments:

Mariko said...

What is that thing called in your picture? The handkerchief that holds your bento together? I want one, but I guess I'll get it when I come. 2 weeks! Yay!

Jesse said...

It is called a furoshiki. We can set you up. It is another good reason to make bentos. Also, I am thinking of using them as reusable wrapping cloth for presents, instead of wrapping paper.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

that's what those things are for?! I got a bunch of those from the Japanese students who stayed with us for the weekend when we did that in Hawaii. Their English was so bad and my none existent Japanese is shameful. They tried to explain to me what it was and all I understood was "food". I figured it was an oversize napkin. Goes to show how much class I have. gosh.

I love your reusable wrapping presents idea. maybe I'll bust mine out and put them to use now that I know what it's for.