Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surfing with G

So now we are back in California, I really want to teach the girls to surf. Gwyn really wants to and Miriam is not so sure. Actually, although I guess the summer was not that great, it has been a pretty awesome September. Not awesome by Hawaii standards, but awesome for here (and Japan). We've had pretty fun, head high, if a little inconsistent waves most days ever since I've been here. Unfortunately, I've been pretty busy so I can only make it out a few times a week. Here is G and I on a little wave at campus point in Santa Barbara. Miriam didn't want to go, until after Gwyn had, then she wimped out before we got into the water. This is on the tiny kids longboard, so there's not really enough room for both of us.

4 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Christian took Enzo out there too on the long board and he had a blast. I did too. It's a bummer Santa Cruz is so freezing we would need a wetsuit for all three of us.

Mariko said...

Oooo. Your video reminded me that we need a life jacket I think. Was it bad of me to let her out that far off shore without one? I think we should invest in a monster board so we can all three surf at once, because I'm awful at catching waves.

Karen said...

i am trying to picture all 3 in one wet suit :)

Pamela Palmer said...

i like the cheerleading and documenting on shore. good job, bekah.