Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chicago

So, last weekend I went to Chicago and got to hang out with Zach, Annie, and baby Sloan. It was awesome to see them after, what is it, four or five years. Everyone looks good, the same, except for baby Sloan, who is new. Chicago was cool, except when I got on the wrong train and got off in a bad neighborhood. It wasn't too far from the U of Chicago, but it was 10 pm. I asked directions from a cop at a gas station and ended up getting a ride to their neighborhood in the back of their paddy wagon. We went by the Obama's house, walked around the university, saw the Oriental Studies museum, etc. Spent hours and hours just talking. It was just fun to reconnect. I am kind of jealous that Zach's degree requires time lots of time in the mountains. The pictures of his dig sites in Peruvian highlands were very cool. They might be there next year, so maybe if I am unemployed . . . Also, there was an the Assoc. of Asian Studies meeting where I presented a paper on Buddhist chanting and tried to meet people.

1 comment:

Yesenia said...

Isn't Sloan gorgeous?! I miss them! I'm glad you had fun! When I was in Michigan they constantly asked about you and were giving you lots of props, haha.