Friday, September 25, 2009

Open call for dissertation readers

So, a number of people have expressed interest in reading my dissertation, and have complained that I have never sent them a copy. The main reason I haven't is that there is always some part of it I am working on, so it never feels done. I think "I'll just finish --- first, and then send it out." Anyway, I am getting to the point where most of that is finished, though not all, and I'm going to have to turn it in one way or another soon, so I might as well get as much feedback as possible. So, if you want a chance to read it before the general public (consider it a sneak peak at the much anticipated, by at least one person I can think of, work) then leave a comment for me with your preferred e-mail address, and I will send it to you sometime over the next couple weeks (I really need to polish up the introduction first). As an added bonus, if you give me lots of useful feedback, I will include your name in the acknowledgments section (a very heady thought, I know.) Think of it like a fun online drawing, for extra work, which everyone wins. Let the fun begin.

5 comments:

christian said...

sounds fun. I would love to know what you've been thinking about.
christianpalmer@hotmail.com

Pamela Palmer said...

It's got to be better than the essays I've been reading lately nonstop, right? I do want to read it. Can you make it into a book on tape (kidding). pammypalmer@gmail.com

so. doug and becky are visiting you?

Yesenia said...

this is mariah
perfect, i'm taking Asian culture right now
3rdmariah@gmail.com

Bekah said...

I officially declare my keen desire to read this "dissertation". I have heard much talk of it, but have never been given a copy of it. I will try not to be offended that I've never been entrusted to read it.
xoxo

Mariko said...

I seriously never saw this until just now. How did you sneak so far down the Palmer blogroll?

You know my address. And I've already asked (but I admit, I NEVER win a comment contest).