Saturday, August 2, 2008

. . . these are all my fears.

When I was little, my teachers used to complain to my mom that I didn't say anything in school. My mom's response was something along the lines of, "How do you do it?" Miriam, I think, is kind of the same way. As shy as she is in school and with strangers, she's pretty loud at home. She also really likes to sing at the top of her lungs, at home, in the car, while she is supposed to be going to sleep. Lately, her favorites have been the Sandra Boynton CD, and lots of primary songs. Although her rendition of Snuggle Puppy is very cute, the primary songs are even better, especially for a couple where she sings them a little bit different.
For example, from the girl who is so sweet that she gets teased by her three year old sister, "If the Savior stood besides me, would you do the things you do?"
Or my favorite, from a Child's Prayer, "I see my mother kneeling, with our family each day. I hear the words she whispers, as she bows her head to pray, her prayers to the Father, these are all my fears" and then straight to the refrain, "I am thankful, love is spoken here." Yeah, me too.
Here's a random picture from our trip. Bus ride home.

3 comments:

christian said...

I love the new words to the primary songs. Too classic.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I was never shy but TOTALLY envied the shy kids. I thought they were so cool. I even pretended to be shy in 3rd grade when I went to a new school and couldn't do it.

All my boyfriends were shy. Christian is shy and I live my shyness vicariously through him.

M will do great in school and all the blabber mouth kids will envy her.

Karen said...

i totally love this story.